How Do I Add Water with Egg Turner In?

mkeawsh

Woody Hollow
15 Years
Sep 23, 2007
Beaufort, MO
So, I just put an egg turner in my bator but now how do I add water? I can't even see the wells to put it in?
idunno.gif

I use a funnel so that I can "aim" the water into the correct spot. I dont know what kind of bator you're using so I dont know if this will work for you
smile.png

Thanks. I like both ideas. Decided I better get a couple turners for these bators. Gets real old, real fast turning 82 eggs.
lol.png
lol.png

I would be careful just pouring water in. Depending on where you live and what kind of incubator you have. Where i live with a hova-bator i have found one well gives me 45% humidity, and filling three is perfect for the last three days. I use aquarium tubing, put it through the screen into the well you want to fill and bring it back up through a vent hole, and then use a meat injector to fill through the tube with warm water.

Some notes I have from the incubator company I purchased from mention putting food dye in the water and then you can see it under the eggs easier. I use a digital temp reader that is egg like in shape and weight so it gives me the internal egg temp. I figure if a momma hen can get off the nest and take a break and eat then I can open the incubator to work for less than 5 min, add water and close it back up again. It always goes back up to desired temp in a reasonable amt of time for the air therm and I never see much change in the Egg-O-Meter.

I agree. Though I am new to this....Its seems more than reasonable that you should be able to lift the lid every day because a hen will in fact get off her eggs. I am still going to limit my lifting but if I need water, I will remove the lid as per instructions with the incubator. Whenever I have taken my lid off, the temp never drastically drops and goes back to normal very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom