How do you store your feed/scratch?

Pics
Just trying to catch up with you. Them turkeys love to eat.
shhhhh_keep_it_down_walking_dead.gif

I've only got 40 give or take.

Another vote for locking metal trash cans. I keep them in the basement of our house, where the temperature and humidity are stable. I made the mistake of storing feed in a metal trash bin outside - never again! It sweated buckets and everything inside got wet. No sweating problems at all once I moved all feed/scratch/seed to the basement.

Hello. I am looking for ideas for storing my feed/scratch. I currently keep all feed/scratch in our feed/tack room which is in our basement through an outside door. We have some mice friends getting into it. What do you use that works? Metal trash cans? Plastic feed containers? Thanks in advance.
Went out to Home Depot and got a metal trash bin. Works perfect as we had problems with rats beforehand.

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the replies. I was able to get 4 metal trash cans with lids at Walmart this week. They were a bit cheaper there than at Tractor Supply but were the same ones/brand. I used 1 for chicken feed, 1 for chicken scratch, 1 for cat food, and 1 for the actual trash since those are the bags that the mice seemed to get into the most. I didn't put my sheep hay pellets in one just yet because I'm not convinced the mice are eating that yet. When we find hoards of food stashed away in the basement, it's always feed, scratch, and cat food. I appreciate all the feedback!

Metal trash cans with tight lids. Bought them at TSC, even got a discount on one because it was dented. They are on the chicken coop covered porch and never had a rodent problem, just a donkey problem. When we were on vacation our grandson forgot to lock the chickens gate. Our donkeys just walked in and played around with trash can. The empty one became more dented than it already was.

Hello. I am looking for ideas for storing my feed/scratch. I currently keep all feed/scratch in our feed/tack room which is in our basement through an outside door. We have some mice friends getting into it. What do you use that works? Metal trash cans? Plastic feed containers? Thanks in advance.
I use big metal garbage can with lids of course....I live on the Quebec Canadian border and our climate is pretty harsh and I've used them for years with no issues and we have about 100 birds from Chickens, Ducks, Geese, and Swans. This is just my knowledge on your question. Hope it helps and adds to your answer.

Back
Top Bottom