How is this healing?

Whitsr

Chirping
Apr 19, 2024
Several weeks into treatment now.. not sure why her left toe looks a bit swollen. The hydrocolloid bandaid has been covering it so I'm going to move it to just the right now. Scab is firm so think she doesn't need to be wrapped anymore.
1000012656.jpg
1000012657.jpg

Attachments

• 1000012657.jpg
    1000012657.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 1
If she swims the scab may come off which can cause bacteria to get inside so keep an eye on things. Maybe keep spraying with Banixx or Veterycin in the evening before bedtime. Any time we have to do cutting or any type of treatment that causes trauma there will be some swelling just make sure all the infection is out if by end of the week it is still swollen you might think of opening again just to make sure all the bumble is out. Pain in the butt I know but you don’t want to leave it too long if there is still infection inside.

If she swims the scab may come off which can cause bacteria to get inside so keep an eye on things. Maybe keep spraying with Banixx or Veterycin in the evening before bedtime. Any time we have to do cutting or any type of treatment that causes trauma there will be some swelling just make sure all the infection is out if by end of the week it is still swollen you might think of opening again just to make sure all the bumble is out. Pain in the butt I know but you don’t want to leave it too long if there is still infection inside.
Okay, I'm unsure only because I never took out a kernel, I made a cut but it was too early in the process for anything to be formed. I did cut it and drain it, but only blood came out. Here are the pictures from the beginning of the process.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.15.13 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.15.13 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
I'm nervous because I am out of town and will be having a neighbor care for them from the 31st- Nov 3rd. I'm scared to make a cut too late if I need to again as they won't be able to do all the dressing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom