How long past 23 Days do you leave unhatched Eggs in the Incubator?

Mumpy

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 14, 2014
I had approximately 90ish Eggs in my Incubator and My 23 Day mark was on Saturday morning. I had two hatch Friday evening and all but 9 hatched on Saturday night, early Sunday morning. The 9 Eggs I felt were not going to hatch so last night I was going to clean out the incubator and had a chick in there, one had hatched! So I left the Incubator on. This morning at 2:30am I checked and there were a total of 5 that had hatched.

Thus leaving 4 Eggs. I looked at them and they were not pipped so I decided to clean out the incubator (I had 120 more eggs that I needed to get going)

After I placed the 120 eggs and got those going I decided to check the other eggs, It's sad to say but they seemed to have had chicks in them. I think I made a newbie mistake by not allowing them enough time. This was my first ever hatch, I know that's not an excuse but I did learn a lot for my first time.

So, I'm just curious, how long do you guys / gals leave your "Late" Eggs in the incubator before you pull the plug and clean it out?

Thank you, I probably got lucky more than anything else. We'll see how this next hatch goes. Thank you for your reply.

I have 50 eggs in and they should have started hatching Wednesday but none did till Thursday and it was only 1 so far several others started to hatch yesterday but no progress today

Back
Top Bottom