How much to pay a chicken sitter?

for that much I rather roast the chicken and buy another one once your back from vacation
JNC’s chicken is obviously a pet. Do you roost your pets?

I have wonderful neighbours. One family has a mini pig and two cats. The other family has two cats. They always chicken-sit when we are are away from home for a vacation. And I am willing to pet-sit when they are away for weekends and vacations too.
Giving a little present or souvenir is all we do.

maybe its just me , would I roast a pet , that all depends on the situation and the kind of pet. Some taste better than others but next time you visit a chinesse restaurant ask them that same question . Many have a pig, cow, dog, turkey,chicken , rat , mice , roaches , cats etc as pets , do they get eaten . I rather not say but a chicken cost $25 to $50 , to baby sit one chicken and pay $400 and you are ok with that, that is great but think about it and ask your self , was that a great investment !

maybe its just me , would I roast a pet , that all depends on the situation and the kind of pet. Some taste better than others but next time you visit a chinesse restaurant ask them that same question . Many have a pig, cow, dog, turkey,chicken , rat , mice , roaches , cats etc as pets , do they get eaten . I rather not say but a chicken cost $25 to $50 , to baby sit one chicken and pay $400 and you are ok with that, that is great but think about it and ask your self , was that a great investment !
Yes but it’s our pet and especially my mom and sister have grown attached to it. I understand that God put all these animals on earth for us to eat but I’d rather pay $400 than see my mom and sister upset 🙂

understand that God put all these animals on earth for us to eat
Duh. 🙄 Sorry but who are you to know for sure? Other gods say other things.
Chickens, humans, dogs and pigs are all animals and multiply in similar ways. There is even proof that elephants give each other names and from many animals, like our chickens, its known (tested) they have feelings. Perhaps some of them have strange feelings. But feelings like mourning, when a close flock mate dies, is very recognisable.
Eating animals is a choice, if you can grow or buy other food to balace your diet.

Btw: I don’t think I would ever pay €400 for a chicken-sitter. Nor for a vet if I have one sick chicken. But I’m certain I would not eat her unless we are starving after a flooding or in world war III.

If you search harder Im sure you can find a chicken sitter who is way cheaper.

I paid my neighbor friend $125 for 12 days to collect eggs, check feeders, waterers, and clear poop boards every other day. She had to drive 1/2 mile and take her child.
8 chickens at the time were confined to coop and run. I could see my coop cam, and she had the access codes too. She kept the fertile eggs to eat/ hatch- whatever, and got a present from my trip. Her little child would come and find the “Easter eggs” he called them; he would get so eggcited then sad when it was time to leave… so he got a present, too (Big fluffy chicken pillow to hug and some sweets) 🥰
Good neighbors are priceless!

Back
Top Bottom