How much to price ayam cemani chicks?

Kxg8

Hatching
Aug 16, 2018
I'm going to buy some Ayam Cemani eggs on eBay and sell chicks at my local swap. I would be the only seller there and so far I haven't seen this breed at any other chicken events. The ages would be just hatched chicks and 6wk olds.

What would you suggest for the prices?

Depends on the quality of the chicks. When I was working with the breed (I just recently decided to get out of them) I would sell the ones that I considered to be culls (any white on the wingtips, any yellow on the toes, toenails that were white and not clear or black, etc) for $5 each to pet homes. The good quality ones I would sell for $20. That's what the other breeder in my area had their chicks priced at, too.

Depends on the quality of the chicks. When I was working with the breed (I just recently decided to get out of them) I would sell the ones that I considered to be culls (any white on the wingtips, any yellow on the toes, toenails that were white and not clear or black, etc) for $5 each to pet homes. The good quality ones I would sell for $20. That's what the other breeder in my area had their chicks priced at, too.
If you don't mind sharing, what was your breeding experience like? Why did you decide to get out of them? I am shocked to see how cheap you sold your chicks for as they are supposed to be worth a lot!

Back
Top Bottom