How to attach run to coop

Ryleek

Hatching
May 8, 2024
Have a 10x10 outdoor dog kennel that I will be using for a run with hardware cloth and a 6x8 coop. I’m struggling with how to attach the kennel to the coop and how to add a chicken door to the run. Any suggestions?

Have a 10x10 outdoor dog kennel that I will be using for a run with hardware cloth and a 6x8 coop. I’m struggling with how to attach the kennel to the coop and how to add a chicken door to the run. Any suggestions?
Please post pictures.

You could use these for the kennel to coop..
1715346416918.png

For your chicken door, you could frame it with wood, staple the wire to wood. Cut wire hole and attach pop door with hinges to wood frame.

Is the kennel chain link? A photo of the coop where you want to attach it could be useful. I'm not sure what you are attaching to.

If you are attaching chain link (or any wire) to wood, use a furring strip. Take a strip of wood maybe 1-1/2" wide and 3/4" thick, drill pilot holes, and screw the wood over the wire and into the wood. I use fender washers on the screw heads to really clamp it down without splitting the wood.

If you are doing wire to wire you can use hog rings or J-clips.

To attach the pop door to the wire I make a sandwich of two furring strips, one on each side of the wire, and screw them together. Cut your hole in the wire and cover the raw edges with those furring strips so you don't cut yourself. This gives you something solid to attach the pop door to. It stiffens up the wire too.

Back
Top Bottom