How to incorporate chickens

Britt2524

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2024
Hello, I was just looking for advice on how to incorporate new chicks in with the ready of my pullets? We have 4 new chicks about 5-6 ish weeks old.( picture below) in with our 18 week old chickens(there is 11, with a couple different breeds) . Some have started laying we get 2 eggs a day. I tried taking the new chicks out to the grass to see and one of the hens was trying to attack them. Help? Any advice. I know they have a week or a couple left until we really can let them out. They are already jumping out of the area we have for them set up. They are still just so small compared to the rest. It’s crazy to see the difference. (I didn’t know which form to post this in. I hope it’s the correct one.)

Attachments

• IMG_0913.png
    IMG_0913.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0104.jpeg
    IMG_0104.jpeg
    858 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0917.jpeg
    IMG_0917.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 4
You'll want to do the see-no-touch-method. Its recommended for two weeks to let them be able to see each other but not touch, then slowly start introducing them.
For me, before I've reached the two weeks I've done short little introductions and its been okay. There may be some fights, but that can and will be normal at first. When that happens I just watch and make sure there's no blood or no one is getting tired out.
Using a spray bottle with water in it can help out too when introducing. Spray whoever wants to attack or fight.

You'll want to do the see-no-touch-method. Its recommended for two weeks to let them be able to see each other but not touch, then slowly start introducing them.
For me, before I've reached the two weeks I've done short little introductions and its been okay. There may be some fights, but that can and will be normal at first. When that happens I just watch and make sure there's no blood or no one is getting tired out.
Using a spray bottle with water in it can help out too when introducing. Spray whoever wants to attack or fight.
Thank you! I will try this. Hopefully it will go well.

Back
Top Bottom