Howdy from SE Missouri

TaxladyEA

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2024
New to poultry raising and new to Missouri. We retired here from Western WA with our 3 Neapolitan Mastiffs, 1 Macaw, 2 Quaker parrots and a dozen goldfish from our prior pond. We no longer have any of our 12 blended children living at home so baby animals it is.
We owned an aviary in WA named Parrotdise and bred exotic parrots. So far chicks are far easier...they eat on their own when they hatch :celebrate
I started last February with the minimum we could order 15 and then hatched a couple australorp chicks from eggs my son's hens laid. I ordered all colored egg layers for the novelty. I only had 1 turn out to be a rooster. He is an absolutely gorgeous Ameracauna.
We absolutely love hatching out baby chickens, coturnix quail, and raising the baby turkeys. I need to find a market for the new ones before my husband runs away. Chicken math indeed(who knew it extends to quail and turkeys)

We no longer have any of our 12 blended children living at home so baby animals it is.
I feel this!

We absolutely love hatching out baby chickens, coturnix quail, and raising the baby turkeys. I need to find a market for the new ones before my husband runs away. Chicken math indeed(who knew it extends to quail and turkeys)
Yes, aren't they all fun?! We raise Coturnix and turkeys (seasonally, but I'd love to have some heritage breeds around) and of course chickens, too! Welcome to BYC!

Hiya, and welcome to BYC! :frow We have two macaws. They are behind me in my home office and can watch the computer screen so I show them people's pictures. Hint, hint. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom