Howdy y’all! I’m new here.

BroodyBambi

Chirping
Dec 13, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

No, I grew up with chickens and various farm animals all my life. I’ve always had chickens! As life went on I lost my little flock because I became a adult and moved. But now, I got some girlfriends! My husband is new to chickens.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
11 and 4 ducks.
(3) What breeds do you have?
We have 8 white leghorns, 2 silkies, 1 RIR rooster and 4 pekins.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Fresh eggs that my mother in law can eat. Store bought eggs make her sick. We eat a LOT of eggs.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Blacksmithing, soap making, sewing occasionally, gardening, and hunting.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a homemaker working on a online fitness career so I can stay at home to tend to the farm we’re trying to create. My husband is a trucker. You would think I’m old, but I’m only 25! I really don’t have friends my age because they’re so conceited/spoiled. My generation is strange. We have no social media. We have a barn cat that greets my husband at his truck when he gets home. We call our female pekin Miss Quack and she loves laughing at my husband when he gets hurt some type of way. She even laughs when he says how bad his day was. She talks a lot of 💩 about him!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I came across y’all on google when I had looked up “why does my duck laugh at me” 😂

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom