Humidity and temp question, Nurture Right 360

If you set them Saturday morning Sunday morning would be day 1. You never know how hatches are going to go, I've done 2 hatches this year and both were 2 days early, my broody hatch was 1 day early. Last year, besides the occasional early bird they were all pretty much on time.
Roger that, thanks! I may have locked them down early then. So much learning. 👍

No worries, I usually lockdown at day 16 or 17 (but don't raise humidity until day 18), I feel it gives them more time to get into position (just my personal opinion). I honestly don't think there is a "one size fits all" for incubating. I did everything the way the manual told me the first time, since then (80+ chicks later) I have made changes based on my weather and how the eggs are coming along.

No worries, I usually lockdown at day 16 or 17 (but don't raise humidity until day 18), I feel it gives them more time to get into position (just my personal opinion). I honestly don't think there is a "one size fits all" for incubating. I did everything the way the manual told me the first time, since then (80+ chicks later) I have made changes based on my weather and how the eggs are coming along.
I agree with this. You find what works for you.

This last hatch I put eggs in 5 days after the first group, which you shouldn't do, but they went into lockdown with the others so they were day 13. I didn't raise humidity till first pip but that was day 19 for others and 14 for them. The 3 hatched with no issues yesterday. So 1 day early you should be all good

I am learning it is more of an art than a science. ;-) Best advice I've seen is "you'll find out what works for your incubator, climate, immediate environment..." I don't know how many chicks I'll get if their air cells are too small 🤞♥️ but I'm determined to learn from it and have success next time. Thank you for all your advice!

1000023423.jpg

😳😳😳🤞🤞🤞
Four so far...

Back
Top Bottom