I don't have an incubator, but hope to hatch a couple ducklings.

Last year Jem (my khaki campbell duck) went broody and hatched 3 ducklings, 2 drakes and 1 duck, all had a cayuga father. One of Jem's eggs was in a cayuga ducks nest and she hatched 2 eggs (none of her own as she was exposed to her adult son) 1 blue swedish cayuga cross duck and another Khaki cayuga cross drake.

I am avoiding in breeding so I gotta be careful what eggs I let hatch with Angelina's so no lone ducklings.

The egg is about 4 days old now and has been stored in room temps of around 70 to 80 degrees farenheit :hit:fl not good right. I forgot about learning how to store it at first and not much before yesterday did I check. I hope it's still viable when I can incubate it. I will find out then or maybe sooner I guess.

The egg is about 4 days old now and has been stored in room temps of around 70 to 80 degrees farenheit :hit:fl not good right. I forgot about learning how to store it at first and not much before yesterday did I check. I hope it's still viable when I can incubate it. I will find out then or maybe sooner I guess.
When are you getting the incubator?

4 days is not bad. I store my eggs at room temperature but here it is 60-75 degrees

Back
Top Bottom