I found it...LOOK Strawtown

Strawtown is an interesting place....sometimes you can find a deal, but sometimes the birds are way too high. If I feel like rescuing some hens, I usually buy a few. They tend to be in rough shape - not show birds. And they never handle them very kindly (ie: shoving them in cages with wings out) I've taken home a few with really bad leg mites, but are now doing great after some TLC. Plan for it to be a late night.

House2005, bless you for rescuing birds there. I just can't bring myself to go back to that auction...it kills me to see the treatment of the animals there.

They may have made changes but not for the good. Junk and more junk. Went to complain and the manager told me that it was all farm related. How can a baby doll carriage, and barbie doll and other doll related stuff be farm related. I was told that is how it is. Waited till 1 am to get birds and did not get any quality there either. Most birds are so old and not laying at all. Stay away from here is you really want quality because you won't find any there.

I could go on and on about how terrible I find this place.

My wife and I visited for the first time. Really enjoyed it and purchased an item I had been looking for for a long time. I am looking for other items like brewing equipment as I am a home brewer mostly of beer and I am a ceramic potter. Alway looking. We wood like to raise a few chickens in our very large back yard so we do need info. How to ? I can build coops and we have no dog but there is a dog run made with cyclone fencing.

I dont have livestock, however I would like to set up outside to sale some things i have. I saw that outside spots start at $7.50, but I'm not sure how this works? Is it first come first serve on the spot you get? Do you pay that day or in advance? Who do you pay? I'm new at this as far as selling, but have been to strawtown countless times to look around. Please feel free to contact me with the information I need!! My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank You in advance,
Michelle Morgan

Back
Top Bottom