I got some mille fleur

cindydj

Songster
13 Years
Jan 16, 2007
On a local trade show this week a little old farmer wanted someone to come get his "feather legged" bantums....well I called he said these are the cutest little chickens I have ever seen but they don't like my laying hens...so I told him I would come out and he said fine but you have to take all six or none. I thought to myself they must all be roos....well four of the six were and two were hens. They are so cut. They have been outside and the feathers on their feet are all broken off but the are adorable. I am not sure of the breed standard but they looked very healthy. I can not wait until tomorrow when I can really get out there with them. They hens seems very tame and calm.

Congrats on your new ones. I love my little d'uccles. I have girls & a feisty little roo. He thinks he is as big as King Kong. the girls are just about the sweetest little things. I would love to see pics of them.

I will try and get some pictures tomorrow. They are so cute! And the little roosters think they are King Tut! I have them locked in the coop for a few days then I will let part of them out. One roo got out today and strutted around crowing all day. Then he wanted his little flock at roosting time. My coop is large about 20x20 and it has a wire area for light and fresh air so they should be okay for a few days.
Do your free range?

Would love to see pics of yours too....

Yes those little roos are quite something. I do love mine even though he is a little feisty. I'll give it a try on posting pics. I have only done it once & now I can't remember how. LOL
My little girls,Millie & Midge
100_1837.jpg

My little roo, Ace
100_1117.jpg

d'Uccles are the sweetest. I had a Porcelain named Feather. I decided to narrow down the breeds I had so Feather lives with a very nice lady who was looking for laying hens. She would sing all day long. I had to be carefull I didn't step on her because she would always be as close as she could get. I hated to give her away but she has a nice home and lots less commotion than she had here. Congrats on your find.

beckt they are adorable. I had to help hubby all day with a project and since I am going to be needing help with more chicken projects, thought I better do as asked...LOL! So I did not get any pictures. I will try tomorrow. They are the darker color. I let them out today and they are so cute. One the little roos I names chicken little because he was just running all around real fast....the others were very calm and enjoying the sun but not him I think he may have ADD or ADHD....

Cindy that is cute about your little roo. I can't get my roo to come out of the house since it snowed. My hubby says can you blame him? I guess not. LOL

Back
Top Bottom