I got spurred by rooster

Yogibrenda

Hatching
Jul 8, 2024
I got spurred near my knee this morning by my Brahma rooster. I believe the spur hit my vein near my knee. It bled, I cleaned it with peroxide and bandaged it. After a few hours, my knee began to stiffen. I’ve been taking ibuprofen and watching for signs of infection. I’ve now wrapped it to provide compression. Anyone else get spurred in leg and experience stiff joint and limping?

If you intend on keeping that rooster, trimming those spurs would be a good option. I personally would make him crockpot bound for hurting someome that bad, but he is not my bird.

Keep it as clean as you can and try to keep some movement in your leg, don't let it stiffen up too much. Put a warm compress on your leg to relax your stiff leg muscles.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I got smacked in the knee by a rooster's beak during an all-out attack. I'm not exaggerating when I say it FELT like he hit me going about 30 mph. I never would've thought that a rooster's beak could pack a punch like that. And yes, I went down to the ground and limped for days. My DH rescued me and Mike (the rooster) never saw another dawn. I now have a lovely rooster who is good to the hens, who love him, and is respectful to me and all humans. He's worth his weight in platinum; may he live forever!

I'm sorry this happened to you. I got smacked in the knee by a rooster's beak during an all-out attack. I'm not exaggerating when I say it FELT like he hit me going about 30 mph. I never would've thought that a rooster's beak could pack a punch like that. And yes, I went down to the ground and limped for days. My DH rescued me and Mike (the rooster) never saw another dawn. I now have a lovely rooster who is good to the hens, who love him, and is respectful to me and all humans. He's worth his weight in platinum; may he live forever!
Good roosters are always a blessing!

Back
Top Bottom