I Have A Broody Guinea Hen

Star2014

Songster
6 Years
Aug 15, 2014
I am 12 and my grandma has a broody guinea hen. her and her mate are together and we are going to move them. They are out in the open and we have a lot of foxes possums and raccoons here. They are outside because they are free range. We are moving them both. How do you care for hens and the keets? They will stay in their house and yard until the keets are old enough. We have never had our guineas mate before.

We magnified to get the hen and she is sitting, but she and the mate are looking for each other because we did not get the male. Does anyone have any advice on getting the male in with her. They are very upset without each other.

Where do the guineas sleep? If you don't have them trained to coop up, which it doesn't sound like they do, you might have to nab him where he roosts (which can be really hard if he sleeps high in a tree, like my guineas sometimes do!). Can you maybe bait him in with some feed?

Also, this might be better placed in the guinea section of the forum, they might have some better ideas on how to catch him. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom