I have acquired a mated pair, the female is standard toulouse and the gander is dewlap, need to move

We just got home from church and I candled it. Pretty positive its dead. Poor Millie bug is forlorn and is still looking for the eggs. Sad deal. Just sad.

Btw thank you all so much. I have learned lots about geese and hope perhaps she will try again. I have bern reading that fertility rates for dewlaps are pretty low. I may see if next month I can get s ome Toulouse eggs from someone else just to increase her chances of being successful. Thanks again guys. Yoyve been sweet. Now turning my attention to ducklings.

Btw thank you all so much. I have learned lots about geese and hope perhaps she will try again. I have bern reading that fertility rates for dewlaps are pretty low. I may see if next month I can get s ome Toulouse eggs from someone else just to increase her chances of being successful. Thanks again guys. Yoyve been sweet. Now turning my attention to ducklings.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Millie always breaks my heart when they lose them.

In other news my duck eggs are pipping! Guess I better go join the Ancona duck page! That bator is rockin and rollin!
thumbsup.gif
Hope you have a great hatch!!!

So far all but one of the first 8 I set is actively working on hatching...1 all the way out and 6 more little bills sticking out. So far so good!

Back
Top Bottom