I have hatched a three legged chick

yay!!!!!! i am so happy for her!!!! i was just about to ask for a pic of her first egg but now that i see the date i am guessing that you have already eattin it (hopefully) lol
smile.png
if you every have a chance,though, i would love to see a pic of her egg she still lays.
God bless!!!
<3 kelsey

Quote:
Digit would have been a great name too! Like, extra Digit! Haha. My sister had a cat that was missiing all of the toes on one foot. Had the foot, just no toes. My sister named her Minus...as in minus 5 toes.

I was very worried about the other chicks and then as Trinity grew, other chickens, picking at her extra leg also. It has never seemed to be a problem. She is not a "boss" but she never has been one that any of the others ever picked on.

56574_photo.jpg

The two olive are Trinity's eggs. The brown is her best friends. Some days she lays a very olive green colored egg. This picture was taken with my phone, under bad fluorescent lighting. Not very true colors at all. I'll try to get a better picture.

Last edited:
The name Trinity was actually a suggestion on this thread and it just seemed to fit her. We had a cat named Tripod, (leg was stepped on by a steer), so It was taken.

Wondering how the other 3 legger posted by Averygeo and the duck with the extra claw is posted by Vebyrd36. Would love to hear about them.

Oh wow, so she's laying now! How nice that none of her internals have any problems due to the extra leg.
I keep popping back to this thread every so often for updates cause it's such a happy story
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom