I love me a scary movie....but....

Quote:
How lucky for you! Although I'm surprised you have a theatre near you! BHAAAAAAAAAA
lau.gif
I loved the original Avatar, even though I normally don't care for that type of movie.

Ok, for the bwp, I'd heard how scary it was. I LOVE SCARY MOVIES! But I was gonna be ready for this one....I made all 3 of my teen sons go with me (they love it when I scream at being scared) to a MATINEE showing, thinking I would have lots of time to get 'un-scared' before bedtime, right?
I have never been so disappointed in a movie in all my life. My boys sat there glaring at me through the whole movie & I laughed at the rediculousness of it...that & the fact that I'd made my kids go with me because I was prepared to be traumatized. I just didn't get it--AT ALL. I didn't scream once & thought the movie was boring.
I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments, just stating facts from my point of view. To each his own.
I do want to hear more about the Last Exorcism, though, as I'm still up in the air about it. Looks a little like The Exorcism of Emily Rose from what I've seen on the previews, IMHO.

Quote:
My mom watched that before I was born. She was praying and reading the bible over and over that night. Scared like a child.

That was a different movie, tell Mom she needs to see this new one.

Quote:
TigerLilly- I value every persons opinion. Not every body has the same fear factor. It would be hard to tell much about the movie without spoiling it. I'm 50 and it scared the pee doodly squat out of me.

Quote:
How lucky for you! Although I'm surprised you have a theatre near you! BHAAAAAAAAAA
lau.gif
I loved the original Avatar, even though I normally don't care for that type of movie.

Actually there isn't a theater near me!
lol.png
I had to drive an hour to get there, I think that's why I was so ticked off about it. 30 minutes into it I was sitting there thinking, there is NO way I'm sitting here for 3 hours watching Sigourney Weaver in another alien movie, so I left to get a head start on the drive home. So I essentially drove 2 hours and didn't even get a movie out of the deal. What a waste of gas money.

Quote:
TigerLilly- I value every persons opinion. Not every body has the same fear factor. It would be hard to tell much about the movie without spoiling it. I'm 50 and it scared the pee doodly squat out of me.

I guess I feel cheated on BWP because I can scare very easily if I am really into the movie. As for The Last Exorcism, pm me if you want (or email) & tell me what you thought about it. I may see it at some point, but probably not before it comes out on rental. I work odd hours & don't get to the theatre. Besides, I'd rather watch movies in the comfort of my house, or even at the drive-in (yes, we still have one left in the county!)

Well, I don't think anything is "scary" any more...however, the beheading of them captives, really put the buzz on me, & that's sayin' a lot...I don't believe in demons, so I doubt this movie will scare me, but I will add it to my netflix queue, just to see the buzz...just like I did with Paranormal Activity...which was a TOTALLY boring movie, up 'til the end...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom