I want to thank you for saving Sunshine's life (NEW pics added!)

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Without your guidance, advice and support this little fellow wouldn't have made it this far.

Here, I learned how to look for and treat lice.

And subsequent eye infections.

And then worms.

The Tylan-50 cured his long nasty bout with bronchitis in one day - I had to tell the vet this is the product I needed as he didn't even know about it.

So thanks to you dear BYC members, Sunshine will hopefully enjoy a long and healthy life from now on!

He is very, very grateful and apologizes for looking like a ratty mess, but after months of being ill with one thing after another it's not a surprise. Once the molt is over and new feathers have grown in, he has promised to pose for a real photo!
smile.png

ps: I guesstimate Sunshine to be about 5 months old or so, what do you think?

P1020002.jpg

P1010985.jpg

P1010990.jpg

Last edited:
I like the way he is cruising around your house like he might be...what's the word I'm looking for...spoiled????
lol.png

He looks beautiful to me because he is still alive. You did an awesome job saving him.

He is gorgeous, even more because of being so ratty and silly looking. What a lucky bird!

His appetite is up, he's talking more and walking taller, he is NOT COUGHING or rumbling in his lungs anymore - I still can't believe it
big_smile.png

I love the little bugger.

I hope the old adage "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true, in this case I have a super-roo on my hands! LOL!

He goes back in the coop on Tuesday if all keeps going well.

Yey!!

P1020015.jpg

What about submitting a pic of Sunshine for Picture of the Week once he finishes his molt? He seems sort of like a BYC mascot to me. I haven't been here very long, so if there are other birds that would be more appropriate, please forgive me. Maybe he could be a Spring 2010 mascot? It's just that so many of us have been rooting for Nicky and Sunshine and we're very happy about what's happened. Talk about a plucky bird and a plucky woman!

I am so happy you were able to save him! He's such a beautiful fellow, I love his coloring! May he live happily ever after.
thumbsup.gif
It does go to show that animals can sometimes come back from the brink if we give them a chance! It's great you decided to keep him going instead of letting go. I've found with these things, it really is best to follow your gut feeling.

Back
Top Bottom