Illinois...

Quote:
I know a few places of Bloomington and Normal parks that would work. We can work with something every year in different cities and if our northern part of the state can hold their own chickenstock, it can work. After all we do have the central and south part of Illinois that needs to be addressed.

If we have alot of members that can go to Decatur, we can hold the first event here and for next year's event, we can hold another. We understand about traveling time, distance and gas prices so it would benefit most of us to split the chickenstock in three areas at different times.

We do have alot of central chicken folks, more than the northern part as of right now that are actively posting on BYC. Not the old posts because alot of our old members have moved on or no response to their emails.

I think that is a good idea; moving the event around to different citits/towns/farms.

Now I am going to be selfish here and say: it would be NICE if people were able to do a chicken/egg/product swap. I'd love to learn about the different breeds and things people create/make.
big_smile.png

Keep brianstorming people.... this might be a great event!

This might take some time, gas prices should go down in fall and traveling with our birds will be less traumatic for them in cooler temps.
I do agree , we are so spead out, with Illinois being such a long state, that it would mean travel for most. Are we all on the BYC map? ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=325695 ) If we can be certain we are all on there, (I'm the "P" south of chicago onthe map) then we could abritraily pick a place central the the mean population of our "clan", be in it some ones home town or not, and that way the most people would be less put out of their way to attend and share. The nice thing about doing it at some ones farm is that we would be all chicken people and have freedoms not allowed in a public place, like booze and animals, the bad thing would be that for instance, if I had it on my farm, I would not want the general public to come, just us. I realze I am too north for many. You could bring camping gear, tents, etc. the house would be open and we have a spare bedroom. To see how far I am from you, mapquest, google or find someway, how far Chicagoland Speedway is from you, I am 1/2 mile away. I could break apart my fencing to allow 2 other chicken corrals without roofing, just fencing.
I agree that a Sunday would likely be the best day for us since most people can get away on Sundays.
Is there anyone more localized to the mean population who has a farm we can camp on and would open their home?
Denise
Paradise Found
PS I'm really looking forward to meeting the Flock Mistress

Last edited:
Quote:
I just checked the map and saw ony 5 marks in Illinois, not one of them was a yellow tack. Why do you think that is?

I've tryed multiple times and everytime I go back it isn't there, so I give up!

Quote:
I just checked the map and saw ony 5 marks in Illinois, not one of them was a yellow tack. Why do you think that is?

I've tryed multiple times and everytime I go back it isn't there, so I give up!

Me too!

Back
Top Bottom