Illinois...

@homeschoolin momma
I think your silkie hates me.....
:lau
IMG_2237.JPG

Kids did well at state fair.

DD brought her paper quilling project. It was made of tiny paper rolls, coils, loops, and folds. This was her last year.
View attachment 3918985

DS brought his computer programming project. He created and coded an original video game. He made his own pixel art and movement system. (All I know is he did a lot of math to get things to work as he planned) Although he’s been a state delegate every year, his goal was to earn grand champion at state. This year he finally achieved it. A very talented and excited kid.

View attachment 3918994
Congratulations 👏
Big achievements

For those in southern Illinois near St. Louis, I'm teaching some upcoming chicken classes.

I have 3 chicken classes coming up at St. Louis Community College at the Meramec campus.
The first is a beginner class this Saturday from 9 to 1.
I also have an advanced class next month and an incubation class in October.
Registration is available by calling the Continuing Education office at 314-984-7777 or online at:
https://stlcc.edu/programs-academics/continuing-education/contact-us.aspx

Backyard Chickens: Beginner
Have you thought about keeping chickens in your city or suburban backyard? Learn local ordinances and where to find more information for your area. Hear about the benefits of keeping chickens, appropriate housing and feeding, and different ways to keep your chickens healthy and happy. Instructor has years of personal and professional experience and is an enthusiastic knowledgeable healthy-chicken farmer. Course meets curriculum requirements for Master Naturalist program. Last date to register: Aug 20.
ECOL-705 | 1 session | $26 AGE 60+ | $39 REG
F01
Sa 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Guy Niere
Aug 24 | MC-SO 108

Backyard Chickens: Advanced
Bring your questions to class! This session is for individuals who have been keeping chickens for a while and are looking for answers to their specific questions and an overview for more in-depth information on the following topics: diseases, parasites, and treatments; chicken anatomy and egg development; incubation and broody hatching; culling and processing; breed characteristics, showing, and judging for standards of perfection, supporting heritage breeds; and changing ordinances. This is an advanced level class and will not include introductory information covered in previous class: Backyard Chickens for the Beginner. Course meets curriculum requirements for Master Naturalist program. Last date to register: Sep 17.
F02
Sep 21 | MC-SO 108

Incubation of Bird Eggs
Explore successful chicken, turkey, duck, goose, and quail egg incubation. Temperature, humidity, turning and sterilization will be the focus, with special attention to the eggs. From nutrition of the breeders, nest cleanliness, collection, and storage, these affect success long before incubation begins. Types and brands of incubators and care of hatchlings will also be covered. Course meets curriculum requirements for Master Naturalist program. Last date to register: Oct 15.
F03
Oct 19 | MC-SO 108

In the event you can't make it, or one of the classes is cancelled, they will be offered again in spring semester. Probably beginning in February or March.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom