INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
clap.gif

But I want some bantam white frizzled polish, like Jar Jar Binks, and some OEGB, and some bantam lav AMs..... I'm incorrigible.
hide.gif

we can play with the numbers lol
i wold like some frizzle polish as well, my polish pullets carry the frizzle gene but are not frazzled

Quote:
Yeah, LB didn't go in, but he was sucked up to the side of the hose. He died a day later. The horrible thing is (and please don't judge us), she was having a hard time not laughing when she told me on the phone, and then I was having a really hard time not laughing as well. We are a goofy family and have all seen The Return of the Pink Panther too many times, you see...

Quote: Really? I hear that once grown the drakes don't because of the weight, but I've read so many stories of them (the ladies) perching on folks' roof...

Quote:
OK, so welshes, cayuga, AND muscovies!!!!! (But where will I put the goats?!)
Quote:
gig.gif

I have a funeral service to go to, I dont want to go
hugs.gif

My sister had to move a few weeks ago. She was supposed to move sooner, but that is another story.
Brian died in mid-April, and she had to clean out and pack up the house. It killed the kids (OMG I am crying) seeing their father's stuff being sold off, thrown out and given away. It was just too soon. People would come, and the kids would be standing there sobbing.
I can't believe he is gone. I am still going to be looking for him in the new house.
hugs.gif

Newbie here and thanks to all of u I go to bed thinking about chickens, chicken coops and wonderful fuzzy duzzy quakable webbed feet duckies
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png
Lol I
Quote: When you are dreaming repeatedly about rearranging chicken housing so you can hatch/get more, you know you're in trouble... (That and Googling "How to build a pond"...)
big_smile.png

Quote: It's a dangerous, dangerous place...

OK, I got errands done earlier, but i need to get some chores done outside, heat or not. Wish me luck - see y'all later!

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
Ten out in the house.
woot.gif

Yeah, LB didn't go in, but he was sucked up to the side of the hose. He died a day later. The horrible thing is (and please don't judge us), she was having a hard time not laughing when she told me on the phone, and then I was having a really hard time not laughing as well. We are a goofy family and have all seen The Return of the Pink Panther too many times, you see...

Really? I hear that once grown the drakes don't because of the weight, but I've read so many stories of them (the ladies) perching on folks' roof...

OK, so welshes, cayuga, AND muscovies!!!!! (But where will I put the goats?!)

When you are dreaming repeatedly about rearranging chicken housing so you can hatch/get more, you know you're in trouble... (That and Googling "How to build a pond"...)
big_smile.png

It's a dangerous, dangerous place...

OK, I got errands done earlier, but i need to get some chores done outside, heat or not. Wish me luck - see y'all later!

- Ant Farm
i probably would have laughed too

Have fun!!

That method works fine for me.
Ok, danke!

0.jpg

looks easy enough

i wonder if the air cells on the parakeets are why they didnt hatch? i have no idea
And ..... it works! Ty!

frow.gif

It's four feet back. I thought of just checking it, but ... Okay a rake should work if I remove the racks.
thumbsup.gif

Applesauce.
I can't imagine how air cells can be too big under a broody.
Oooh good idea! Thanks!

lol, i watched a couple others and this looked the easiest
Haha thanks for taking the time!

Gotcha! I do the same in broody nest eggs but just not so heavy handed with the magic marker.

Probably the same as pulling on a man's beard. His mouth will probably open too.
likely cause the atmosphere in your house is very dry, as opposed to that in their native range
Oh, alright, thanks!

This page is great!!! I just got my first incubator today. The Hova-bator 1602N model. I didn't get the egg turner yet, but I plan to! I did get their Hydrometer. So far, I am keeping the temp steady at 99.5 pretty easily, but the humidity is 35% and there is no water in it.
hu.gif
Any tips?

This page is great!!! I just got my first incubator today. The Hova-bator 1602N model. I didn't get the egg turner yet, but I plan to! I did get their Hydrometer. So far, I am keeping the temp steady at 99.5 pretty easily, but the humidity is 35% and there is no water in it.
hu.gif
Any tips?
Is 35 too high? The only thing I can think of to help that is (possibly) a fan .... maybe? I'm not an expert, just so ya know!

This page is great!!!  I just got my first incubator today. The Hova-bator 1602N model.  I didn't get the egg turner yet, but I plan to! I did get their Hydrometer.  So far, I am keeping the temp steady at 99.5 pretty easily, but the humidity is 35% and there is no water in it. :confused:   Any tips? 

Hi! Welcome and congrats!
35 is not a terrible number. If it gets too high, you can put some dry rice in a stocking inside the incubator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom