INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pip!
1f423.png
wee.gif

Quote: oh!!!!! so if she was just blocked in there she would be ok? but thats cruel? how often do they get up from them? dogs dont get up much for several days

Annnnd thought I was finally going to get to sit down with the hubs and watch some TV before bed...
His phone rang & that's never good later in the evening...because he's the one and only mechanic for the shop he works for and when the small fleet of semis are out, it seems like someone always ends up with an issue when they're farthest away from this area. And he has to drive out there.
1f61e.png

Glad he's got the job but boo to him having to leave late at night when a call comes in.
how is everyone feeling? @flocktastic

@Sally sunshine

My April hatch was as follows

16 set
10 were fertile
8 hatched
THANK YOU!!!!! cant complain about that!

@sally sunshine I have to wait until I can determine how many pullets I got from the Easter HAL. I am dying to set again, but I need a plan first. If it were up to me, I would hatch continuously! Give me a few weeks to convince the hubby......
1f609.png
LOL you do realize how they accidentally jump in there right? lol miss you!!

Last edited:
I almost forgot about this... I can't be 100% sure, but I think that a brooder kept at 95° for five weeks probably would kill most chicks. Not talking about having a spot in the brooder that's 95°, that would be fine as long as they could move away from the heat source, but a 95° brooder with no cool spots will also have 95° water. Not sure how long it would take to kill all birds at that temp, but I suspect that it would be much less than 5 weeks.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/6/diseases-of-poultry/232/gout/
"Most commonly, visceral gout following dehydration is observed in newly hatched chickens after overheating or a more prolonged stay in the hatchery."

-Kathy

Fortunately, they changed it. Good job on the info though!

@Sally Sunshine , have you been sick? I'm way behind so missed lots of posts. Hope you're feeling better.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom