Injured baby

svbergie

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2024
I have a 4 week old chick that was attacked. A wing was torn off pretty cleanly. I addressed the injury and isolated her in the house. I know she is lonely, but don’t want her outside in the heat when she is already stressed. Should I bring in one chick to keep her company?

Chickens do better with a buddy. If you can, pick one of the gentler chicks to keep the injured chick company as she heals.

Is the injured chick eating and drinking on its own?

Do you have any pictures of the chick? Are the other chicks outside with a broody hen? I would use either Betadine or Hibiclens/chlorhexidene on the wound.

Do you have any pictures of the chick? Are the other chicks outside with a broody hen? I would use either Betadine or Hibiclens/chlorhexidene on the wound.
I’ll try to get a pic just didn’t want to hold her too long. I used a diluted hibiclens and triple antibiotic ointment. She tolerated it well. The other chicks are in the run most of the day. They love it. Temp is great for them and they love to forage.

Yes they did start to peck. That’s why I decided to confine her quickly. Thank you I hope she can rejoin soon as well.

She is doing well today! Thank you all for your input.
IMG_3069.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom