International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

What a difference some time makes in their looks. They are a few days over 18 weeks old born 11/09/19.

Both hens with Number 52 rooster
View attachment 2054174

Number 51 rooster, still the most colorful and he is starting to get some size, but nowhere near his hatchmate number 52.
View attachment 2054175

and another picture of the number 52 roo. He is massive. I picked them all up and moved them to a new pen two days ago and he is heavy.
View attachment 2054177

You have done well. They are big now. 52 look larger with a better tail too. 51 has a correct body color but very long tail

chooks man

few photos of the chooks . hot day all they where no where to be seen .hiding in tall grass .
those are group #3 and #4 .
P1110883.JPG

selected 14 cockerels from Group #2 they are penned in AvgenBlack rooster to keep them calm .the rest 44 cockerels from a same group where processed today by my friend .he is a butcher { he used to be no any more }
52 pullets from a same group are left free ranging .some start laying early maturing 5 months old .
here few photos of the pullets .I need to move them to the orchid pen . they are making too much mess around the shed .
P1110878.JPG
P1110881.JPG
P1110882.JPG

chooks man

I lost my beautiful blue silver cock. He apparently had a heart attack after picking a fight with another cock! They nearly killed each other 😭
The other one is my only white cock left. He's fine now, but man those two were very serious! I'm pretty sad about loosing such a pretty boy.

I lost my beautiful blue silver cock. He apparently had a heart attack after picking a fight with another cock! They nearly killed each other 😭
The other one is my only white cock left. He's fine now, but man those two were very serious! I'm pretty sad about loosing such a pretty boy.

Oh man...so sorry! :hugs

Oh no .so sorry for your lost .
do you have a replacement ? hope you do .
wish you where close to me ,I could pass you some gorgeous dark cuckoo cockerel to work with .
chooks man

Oh no .so sorry for your lost .
do you have a replacement ? hope you do .
wish you where close to me ,I could pass you some gorgeous dark cuckoo cockerel to work with .
chooks man
I have his father, Jackson, still. There are many little blue chicks, so hopefully I can get a replacement from one of them. Still, he was very nice silver and his blue was a perfect shade.

Back
Top Bottom