International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

First egg.
All pullets from both lines are penned together but i am almost certain this would be from one of the 3 line #1 pullets. They are now 6 months and 1 week.

20201211_163447.jpg
20201211_163309.jpg

And here are all 3.
First, second and third day left to right.
Im not sure if they are all from the same pullet. 2 out of 3 from this line look ready to lay going by their combs and face.

Can you tell im excited?!
I just wanted to share with you fine folk.

After having to cull everything this past spring, it makes for an extra long wait to see eggs.

20201213_115357.jpg

And here are all 3.
Im not sure if they are all from the same pullet. 2 out of 3 from this line look ready to lay going by their combs and face.

After having to cull everything this past spring, it makes for an extra long wait to see eggs.

These are beautiful!!! I'm waiting for my pullet to lay, but she is only six months now so it still might take a while.

And here are all 3.

View attachment 2447895

they look different .
egg 2 and 3 are from a same pullet .but I m not sure egg 1 .different shape and color .

chooks man

1 of my cockoo legbar pullets was sneezing. I brought her in the house and found something like dog hair or some sort of black thread around her tongue. I managed to take it out and gave her some water. I put her back in the coop but I hear her sneezing from time to time. should I be worried? is there anything else I could do for sneezing? I didn't see anithing else in her mouth.

1 of my cockoo legbar pullets was sneezing. I brought her in the house and found something like dog hair or some sort of black thread around her tongue. I managed to take it out and gave her some water. I put her back in the coop but I hear her sneezing from time to time. should I be worried? is there anything else I could do for sneezing? I didn't see anithing else in her mouth.
Interesting, She could have a piece of that thread up her nose and she is trying to get rid of it. It could also be some respiratory illness.

Interesting, She could have a piece of that thread up her nose and she is trying to get rid of it. It could also be some respiratory illness.

I am afraid she might have a piece of that whatever it is somewhere else. I just hope it didn't go down to her air sacs. I don't suspect respiratory illness at the moment.

I am afraid she might have a piece of that whatever it is somewhere else. I just hope it didn't go down to her air sacs. I don't suspect respiratory illness at the moment.

Hopefully she is able to expel it! Check again later and see if any part is visible enough to extract as she might be able to move it around a bit :)

Back
Top Bottom