Intro

Hello,
I’m new to the chicken world. I live in south Alabama and have 27 chickens and 11 guinea fowl.
I failed to tell you we live in South Alabama too. Wife wants guinea fowl to go with our chickens. I don't think they would last a week for us though with all the woods full of predators that we have around us to go along with high speed drivers racing up and down the roadways we have from 2 directions going by our small farm.

I failed to tell you we live in South Alabama too. Wife wants guinea fowl to go with our chickens. I don't think they would last a week for us though with all the woods full of predators that we have around us to go along with high speed drivers racing up and down the roadways we have from 2 directions going by our small farm.
I love my guineas! I was afraid they would wander too but they tend to stay close for us because they think they’re chickens. I built a brooder in the coop just for them and now they coop up each night and the best part is we haven’t had any ticks since I’ve let them out to free range at night. We’re padded from the highway nestled in the woods and surrounding neighboring properties. I call them my squeaky puppies because they follow me around hoping I have treats for them.

Attachments

• IMG_8300.jpeg
    IMG_8300.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom