Introduction about me and my Chooks :)

Australorp Chook

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2024
Hi everyone! I live in New Zealand, or Aotearoa with my family and pets. We’ve got 5 Australorp pullets around 2 months old. We got them two weeks ago, and are loving the new addition to the family! They are free-range chickens, and we’ll be expanding their garden space in a couple of days. They’re still getting used to us, but are getting more confident and come to greet us when we go to say hello. They get very excited when we come down with a silver bowl as it means they’re getting meatloaf (I think it’s they’re favourite food)! We’ve also got 2 dogs and a cat, but the dogs can’t get to them and our cat doesn’t seem interested. We’ve been researching about chickens for a few months, and the BYC has come up nearly every time we’ve googled something. All of the threads were very helpful, so we thought we’d join :) Thanks to the BYC and everyone who’s posted, you’ve helped a lot so far in looking after chickens!

Welcome, this is the place to be, beware of the nasty chicken math.
Share some pictures of your flock if you dont mind.

(Sorry about this space, don’t know how to delete it)
Ha, I love that meatloaf is their favorite food! (I bet it's a good recipe!) Australorps are some of my favorite chickens! Welcome to BYC!
Same! :) Their previous owners said they love meat loaf, so we tried giving them some. It’s actually meat loaf that we give to the dogs (we get it from the super market) 😂 They go crazy for it!

Attachments

• 303DD2D6-0B6D-47F3-8F22-107148CD8391.jpeg
    303DD2D6-0B6D-47F3-8F22-107148CD8391.jpeg
    595.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 667ABD06-BE3D-4CB7-9B22-D6FD9D540729.jpeg
    667ABD06-BE3D-4CB7-9B22-D6FD9D540729.jpeg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom