Introduction!

raspberrychicken

In the Brooder
Jul 10, 2023
Hello! My name is Raspberry*, and I'm new to chickens! I've been researching chickens for a long time and have read many, many threads on BYC while I prepped.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! I got my chickens in late April 2023/mid-May 2023.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Just 3! Considering a fourth, but no more than that.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 3 hens: a Blue Australorp, a Black Australorp, and a Silver-Laced Wyandotte. Unfortunately, roosters are not allowed in my urban area.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love having a little bit of "country life" in my urban life. It's so homey.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I play video games, I draw/illustrate/paint, and I do DIY/home/yard projects (like chickens!). Also getting into gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live with my partner and together we own 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 hens. We want way more than that (snakes, fish, house birds), but that's where we are right now. I work in IT.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I used BYC for a lot of opinions and threads on coop builds, plus other aspects of chicken care, while I was getting ready to get my 'lorps (and 'dot).

What made me join the community--being able to ask questions from chicken owners of all sorts of lives.

*I like being private with my name

Hello! My name is Raspberry*, and I'm new to chickens! I've been researching chickens for a long time and have read many, many threads on BYC while I prepped.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! I got my chickens in late April 2023/mid-May 2023.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Just 3! Considering a fourth, but no more than that.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 3 hens: a Blue Australorp, a Black Australorp, and a Silver-Laced Wyandotte. Unfortunately, roosters are not allowed in my urban area.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love having a little bit of "country life" in my urban life. It's so homey.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I play video games, I draw/illustrate/paint, and I do DIY/home/yard projects (like chickens!). Also getting into gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live with my partner and together we own 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 hens. We want way more than that (snakes, fish, house birds), but that's where we are right now. I work in IT.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I used BYC for a lot of opinions and threads on coop builds, plus other aspects of chicken care, while I was getting ready to get my 'lorps (and 'dot).

What made me join the community--being able to ask questions from chicken owners of all sorts of lives.

*I like being private with my name
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom