sacredsycamorefarm

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2023
Hello, and thank you for letting me join this wonderful community. I first started my chicken journey just wanting some eggs and cute feathery birds for our new one-acre backyard back in 2017. Now, we have a wonderful small goat and poultry farm with a dedicated LGD, and we couldn't be happier.

We usually keep around 15-35 birds in our flock.

We love our black/blue copper marans. Their dark chocolate eggs are TO DIE for. We mostly have barnyard mixes and fifteen pure breeds.

I love feeling the safety, comfort, and pride of being self-sustainable. (especially with those store-egg prices off the roof :eek:) We love almost every part of raising chickens, from the pretty colored eggs to the flashy feathers to cleaning out the chicken coop.......Maybe. We love the results but not the process. 😵‍💫

We also raise the cute, lovable Nigerian Dwarf goats. Their milk is sweet, quite similar to cows' milk, and they come in every color you can imagine! They're also the only dairy goat breed with blue eyes.

We are a family of seven living the good life out in Northern Arizona. We have two working dogs and a LGD. We have two cats that take care of the mice business, and we also have four adorable geese and ducks!

I've been reading forums on BYC for a while now. I believe I discovered y'all reaching on Google. What made me want to join was to join the fun, share tips, and I've honestly been struggling a bit with my chickens lately, I would love some expert advice! Thank you again for this wondering opportunity and community,

Sacred Sycamore farm

Attachments

• carla.jpg
    carla.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 32
  • ryana with babies.jpg
    ryana with babies.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 6
  • zachary with chick.jpg
    zachary with chick.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 6
  • baby moose and socks.jpg
    baby moose and socks.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 9
  • lots of eggs!.jpg
    lots of eggs!.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 7
  • colorful eggs.jpg
    colorful eggs.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello and welcome, glad you've joined BYC! I just LOVE the photo of Zachary in intense concentration with the chick observing from his shoulder - so adorable! By all means, fire away with questions about whatever issues you're having with your chickens. There's such a wealth of experience and helpful advice from the members here! Sacred Sycamore Farm sounds like a lovely place, looking forward to more of your posts about it.

Back
Top Bottom