Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

We looked at Teslas. Just did not find the value or fun in them we were looking for so we crossed them off the list (looked at a 3, an X and a Y. Drove the X. Wasn't impressed). I know SDM isn't a fan but I've been impressed with the EV so far and it's filling the need we had for it. ,
Fuel saving daily driver for mostly freeway miles:
A. That isn't a tiny cardboard econobox
B. Has enough power to get out of the way of the insane morons who drive 90 in their lifted clapped-out Ram trucks and have no self or vehicle control skills.
C. Makes the Mrs. Happy.

And yes, It scoots. AWD torque is addicting.
I'm just messing with ya, nice ride

I’ve been searching around for another ‘06-‘08 Lexus IS250 AWD lately…That way I can swap any parts with it that I’m planning on keeping from my old one and haul the rest off to the junkyard cause it’s been sitting under my carport garage ever since I hit that deer last fall. I kept getting sidetracked looking at the newer RC coupe models but then I reminded myself that I just need another reliable car…I shouldn’t be spending $ on buying new if it holds any potential risk of being stolen or damaged, cause I’ve already been there - done that before 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’ve been searching around for another ‘06-‘08 Lexus IS250 AWD lately…That way I can swap any parts with it that I’m planning on keeping from my old one and haul the rest off to the junkyard cause it’s been sitting under my carport garage ever since I hit that deer last fall. I kept getting sidetracked looking at the newer RC coupe models but then I reminded myself that I just need another reliable car…I shouldn’t be spending $ on buying new if it holds any potential risk of being stolen or damaged, cause I’ve already been there - done that before 🤦🏼‍♀️
LS swap that bad boy

LS swap that bad boy
No thanks :tongue

ETA: If you’ve seen the extent of damage done to mine then you would know that my IS was a total beast…Even after I hit that deer I was still able to drive it in the bad condition that it was in. Don’t ask me how, but yeah…I still made it home somehow.

Last edited:
On the weekend I was able to compete in my first event with pacenotes rather then roadbook (also called blind)
Lots of fun! I had an older, experienced nav to teach a bit about it. It was a rally sprint, so a short, 8km stage run both directions 4 times, so 8 altogether.

On the weekend I was able to compete in my first event with pacenotes rather then roadbook (also called blind)
Lots of fun! I had an older, experienced nav to teach a bit about it. It was a rally sprint, so a short, 8km stage run both directions 4 times, so 8 altogether.
That's awesome! Your car sounds GREAT. I love that sound.

Governing bodies for motorsport....
In Australia, the main one is Motorsport Australia (MA) They are run under the FIA I believe. The national championship, (ARC) state, and club level rally events are all run under MA.
There is also the Australian Motor Sport Action Group (AMSAG) which is only in my state, NSW, I think.
They were formed when many years ago, many members of MA didn't like how they were doing things, so formed their own group. They run their own smaller championships, and the events are more old fashioned, small, low entry fee events.

Anyway, MA has got to the point, where they are driving their members away in droves. You now need a full medical (including ECG) to get your licence, and then every two years once you turn 45.
They require copies of all your medical records. Basically, they don't want anyone over the age of 45, so are making as hard as possible for those over that. Which is just silly, because that is where all the knowledge is.
Many entry fees (partly some clubs fault, not all MA) have gone from $600-$800 to $1200-1500
Is any of this the same in the US?

Oh, and you have to be able to get out of the car in under 10 seconds.....in the service park. A lot of good that will do, when you're wrapped around a tree.
But it doesn't matter if you have no first aid training, obviously that isn't important!

Back
Top Bottom