Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Pics
https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintca...onals-brings-historic-payout-100-competitors/

I'd love to go see this! The little races around here are so intense that one must be awesome!!
Sprint cars are INSANE. I crewed for a season with an IMCA Modified team and they'd usually run midgets or sprints (sometimes both) the same nights on the dirt oval. Modified cars move out, but they are lumbering beasts compared to the midgets (they run Hayabusa engines)m and the sprint cars were just terrifyingly fast flying around those corners. 410 cubes of methanol-powered monster roaring to 9k RPM and one tiny little error would put them on their lids (or worse). Power-to-weight ratio of an F1 car, piloted by dudes with beer guts and no personal sense of danger.

Lots of stupid fun that season. We finished 12th in a 40 car class, but the team didn't care. They were in it for the friendship and the fun, and wherever they finished, so be it. They invited me back for the next season, but I had taken a travel job and weekends home were spent with my fam for a few years. I'd do it again if I had the opportunity though. Most of those guys are in their 70's and 80's now. They bench race these days.

Coincidentally, my email is a my name.carsandducks@
I worked in the car business for 20 plus years.
Hubs and I were talking about going to the west side of the state where there's a rally training track, he has an STI. That plan went to the wayside after he was in a very bad motorcycle accident in 2018. Still has his go-kart as I like to call it.
2020. In the midst of a midlife crisis moment, I bought myself a 2010 Corvette, low miles, I worked at the dealership it was traded in at and I got a heck of a deal on it. I tried to talk myself out of it for about a week, who buys a black car and lives on a dirt road? I hardly noticed the dust when I'm behind the wheel though. I sold my bike a couple years before my husband's accident, I'd been ran off the road by a semi but that's a whole another story . By the grace of God, I wasn't hurt and parked it in some bushes. Black Vetty has given me back that freedom you feel on the road. I guess there's a Corvette school in Vegas. It sounds fun,pretty spendy though. Besides, who would watch the ducks?

Coincidentally, my email is a my name.carsandducks@
I worked in the car business for 20 plus years.
Hubs and I were talking about going to the west side of the state where there's a rally training track, he has an STI. That plan went to the wayside after he was in a very bad motorcycle accident in 2018. Still has his go-kart as I like to call it.
2020. In the midst of a midlife crisis moment, I bought myself a 2010 Corvette, low miles, I worked at the dealership it was traded in at and I got a heck of a deal on it. I tried to talk myself out of it for about a week, who buys a black car and lives on a dirt road? I hardly noticed the dust when I'm behind the wheel though. I sold my bike a couple years before my husband's accident, I'd been ran off the road by a semi but that's a whole another story . By the grace of God, I wasn't hurt and parked it in some bushes. Black Vetty has given me back that freedom you feel on the road. I guess there's a Corvette school in Vegas. It sounds fun,pretty spendy though. Besides, who would watch the ducks?
Black cars look great covered in dust : ) As long as its fresh dust, not old, unwashed type dust, that is!
Sorry to hear about your husbands accident, and your incident :hugs

Here's the first stage.
Not the best, we hadn't warmed up yet, and then we got a lot of dust; if you watch it to the end you can see just how bad it was.
The speed is in the bottom left side of the video. (in km/h)
I thought you might like to see what the roads look like around there.
Super cool!

The race i go to. The type area and the vehicle type used... This is a friend of mine getting ready for the race. Its called King Of The Hammers in California.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230226-031404_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230226-031404_Photos.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230226-031442_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230226-031442_Photos.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 9
In car video of stage 4 :)
My favorite stage, and also the one I got my best time on. I was in 'car conservation mode' mode, rather then flat out, as I just wanted to finish; or at least that was the plan! I may have got a little carried away once or twice.
Slight oopsy on the end, though the flying finish :oops: (I wanted to impress the official on the right...)
I had soo much fun!!
What camera do you use? Is it a dashboard camera?

Back
Top Bottom