Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Pics
I saw one of these ugly things on the road here yesterday and wondered what the heck it was.

What is it?
The Tesla Cybertruck. They're actually not that bad. Bulletproof stainless steel body, 600 hp with a dual-motor setup, and the Cyberbeast model has 845 hp with a tri-motor setup. Air suspension, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds for the base Cybertruck and 2.6 seconds for the Cyberbeast. Both can tow a maximum of 11,000 pounds, have an ultra fast charge time, and seat up to 6 people. Instead of a classic or even a digital dash, they have a single 18.5 inch touchscreen, and smaller 9.4 inch one in the back of the console for passengers. They also have autopilot.

The Tesla Cybertruck. They're actually not that bad. Bulletproof stainless steel body, 600 hp with a dual-motor setup, and the Cyberbeast model has 845 hp with a tri-motor setup. Air suspension, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds for the base Cybertruck and 2.6 seconds for the Cyberbeast. Both can tow a maximum of 11,000 pounds, have an ultra fast charge time, and seat up to 6 people. Instead of a classic or even a digital dash, they have a single 18.5 inch touchscreen, and smaller 9.4 inch one in the back of the console for passengers. They also have autopilot.
Neat. I had no clue.

Weird looking but very neat!
https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Funny thing about those is I've heard the body panels are already beginning to rust, even though they've only been out for a few months.

Also the fact it only has a single wiper blade for that massive front windshield would concern me if there was ever heavy snow.

The autopilot is intriguing though.
I've got a couple of friends who own model 3's and they have mixed reviews on it. One says it's fine if used as intended and you remain attentive and ready to take over. The other flat-out hates it.

We tested a Model X, and the fit / finish is abysmal for a car in that price range. The panel gaps were terrible inside and out, the finishes were plastic and had a very cheap feel, The leather was scratched already on a 3 mile old car, and the paint was full of blemishes and orange peel. Both of my buddies have complained about it as well in their 3's. For the kind of money Elon is asking, That's just not acceptable.

I've got a couple of friends who own model 3's and they have mixed reviews on it. One says it's fine if used as intended and you remain attentive and ready to take over. The other flat-out hates it.

We tested a Model X, and the fit / finish is abysmal for a car in that price range. The panel gaps were terrible inside and out, the finishes were plastic and had a very cheap feel, The leather was scratched already on a 3 mile old car, and the paint was full of blemishes and orange peel. Both of my buddies have complained about it as well in their 3's. For the kind of money Elon is asking, That's just not acceptable.
Autopilot, as expected.

Model X, that is unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom