Is it wet fowl pox, trichomoniasis, LT???

There is pus in the cleft. Do you think the Amoxicillin will clear that up?
I'm not sure... I still have three that I'm dealing with. I think the problem is that there are so many places for the pus to hide and it's very difficult to get it all out.

-Kathy

There sure are a lot of places for it to hide! I'll get the amoxicillin and begin giving that to her today. Hopefully it will clear things up. I'll also tube her again this evening. I have already given her a cc of tylan today, hopefully both antibiotics today won't be too much.

I'm not suggesting that you try this, but some people with peafowl say that injecting Tylan right into the sinus cavity will clear up the pus. I haven't tried this yet, but I have been giving it some thought as my three really need something done.

-Kathy

Yikes! This has been going on quite a while then huh? I hope you are able to get them well soon! Thanks for all your help! :)

W
I don't have to tube feed them anymore, but they're definitely still sick.

-Kathy

Well, the hen is still alive! And seems to be improving too, although she is still building up yellow plaque in her mouth. She definitely has more energy. @casportpony how long did your birds take to recover?

Thank you everyone for all your help & advice!

W
Well, the hen is still alive! And seems to be improving too, although she is still building up yellow plaque in her mouth. She definitely has more energy. @casportpony how long did your birds take to recover?

Thank you everyone for all your help & advice!
It took some quite some time and a few that developed secondary infections are still in my "hospital" (garage, lol).

-Kathy

Goodness. Since she's feeling so much better it's become a real fight to get her mouth cleaned out. This is going on the beginning of the third week since she's been sick so hopefully I won't have to fight her to doctor her too much longer. Hope your birds get better soon! Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom