Is there a way to test hardware cloth gauge? Strength?

Tracyree

Crowing
13 Years
May 6, 2011
I bought some hardware cloth off Amazon and I’m skeptical that is 19 gauge as it claims to be. It’s vinyl coated, which I’ve never used before. It feels more flexible that my non coated. I’m worried as my primary predators are raccoons and im
Using for my windows and ventilation

Properly adhered, any hardware cloth should be able to deter raccoons. However, affixing it to the opening is critical as they can pull it away even if they can't tear it open. I've had raccoons tear the siding off of a building and chew through a wooden door.
To answer your question, you should be able to measure the gauge of the wire.
19 gauge should be 0.o41" and possibly 1/2" X 1/2" openings.

Properly adhered, any hardware cloth should be able to deter raccoons. However, affixing it to the opening is critical as they can pull it away even if they can't tear it open. I've had raccoons tear the siding off of a building and chew through a wooden door.
To answer your question, you should be able to measure the gauge of the wire.
19 gauge should be 0.o41" and possibly 1/2" X 1/2" openings.
Thanks!! I may have over done the attaching… 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 23
I bought some hardware cloth off Amazon and I’m skeptical that is 19 gauge as it claims to be. It’s vinyl coated, which I’ve never used before. It feels more flexible that my non coated. I’m worried as my primary predators are raccoons and im
Using for my windows and ventilation
It should be heavier if coated with vinyl and not flimsier

Back
Top Bottom