is there another breed very similar to the white leghorn

mfranti

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
salt lake city
but with a much smaller comb?

i have one gal who is the same age as the other two white girls but she's just a little different.

sorry. no pics. i'm at work.

thanks

If it's just one girl from 3 and they share the same body style, could be that she's not ready to lay yet or her genes just encode for smaller comb.

If she's larger, then there are other white breeds of chickens or chickens that come in white.

I think I may have the same issue bought what I thought were california rocks however at least 2 of them are white leghorns. They were all fluffy yellow chicks with a couple of black spots each. Will post pics soon.

she's very similiar to the other white birds but a little smaller. i thought it was age too but she was bought at the same time.

my other leghorns combs and waddles are getting nice and red, her's are small and pinkish.

thanks for your help.

ps. getting a picture of any of the white birds in impossible. i wish someone told me how skiddish those birds are. i'm actually thinking of re-homing them.

but i need to find someone willing to sell me a laying hen around the same age. sure! that'll be easy 'round here.

i don't believe i do. i had a roo and he was from the same batch. he was bigger, crowed, and had longer tail feathers. they are all about 27-28 wks now...i think i could tell if they were roosters by now.

i looked at some pics of white rocks hens and the combs are similar (at least from the pics i've seen) i don't know much about chickens but are they similar in size too?

earlobes?

i will have to look tonight. i know the bigger white birds have a yellow dot on the side of their heads. don't know if i noticed it on the smaller combed girl.

let you guys know.

thanks for trying to help guys. this place is great.

Back
Top Bottom