Emrosenagel

Songster
Oct 2, 2020
Hello!

This little guy was moving a few days ago and I went to do one last check (day 18) and he’s not looking too alive anymore. I can’t see any veins, only bloody looking spots; no movement (today, the other three eggs all moved into position and he hasn’t). Now I’m noticing the air sac is getting grayish. I don’t want the egg to explode if it is dead and harm my other babies. Thanks!

These eggs are under a hen, btw.

That doesn't sound good as you should be able to see a little bit of veins. You'd only have 3 days to go though and it's not going to explode in that short time since you saw it was viable just a few days ago.

Sometimes it's hard to see any movement when they get that close to hatch day, but still, you should be able to see something if even faint.

If questionable, I'd leave it there.

That doesn't sound good as you should be able to see a little bit of veins. You'd only have 3 days to go though and it's not going to explode in that short time since you saw it was viable just a few days ago.

Sometimes it's hard to see any movement when they get that close to hatch day, but still, you should be able to see something if even faint.

If questionable, I'd leave it there.
Two have already hatched and one is pipped. My hen kicked this egg out, so I candled it and there was no change. Still and no veins. I left it anyway, just in case, and she eventually tucked it under again.

Back
Top Bottom