It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
Potato Kielbasa Soup

Ingredients

Olive oil
Polish kielbasa sausage or any other meat
Fresh veggies including yellow onion, carrots, celery and russet potatoes
Low-sodium chicken broth
Butter
All-purpose flour
Milk (I used whole) I like whipping cream here
Sharp white cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley

Instructions

Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate while leaving rendered fat in pot.

Add onions, carrots and celery to pot and saute 5 minutes. Add in chicken broth and potatoes Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.

Meanwhile melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in flour and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.

While whisking slowly pour in milk, then cook stirring constantly until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat.

Add milk mixture to soup in pot once potatoes are tender, thin with another 1 cup broth if desired. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and sausage then season with salt and pepper to taste.

Stir in half of the parsley then garnish each serving with remaining parsley.

Its not soup, but its a favorite in my house and very easy 😊

Potato and Sausage Dish

1 1\2 lbs baby potatoes, quartered
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
1 package smoked sausage, sliced
1\2t. Garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup, plus 1 can water

Cook potatoes, onion and garlic in butter or oil until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add sausage and pepper, add cream of mushroom soup, plus can of water. Mix well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve and enjoy 😊

Feel free to tweak however you like!!

Potato Kielbasa Soup

Ingredients

Olive oil
Polish kielbasa sausage or any other meat
Fresh veggies including yellow onion, carrots, celery and russet potatoes
Low-sodium chicken broth
Butter
All-purpose flour
Milk (I used whole) I like whipping cream here
Sharp white cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley

Instructions

Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate while leaving rendered fat in pot.

Add onions, carrots and celery to pot and saute 5 minutes. Add in chicken broth and potatoes Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 – 20 minutes.

Meanwhile melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in flour and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.

While whisking slowly pour in milk, then cook stirring constantly until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat.

Add milk mixture to soup in pot once potatoes are tender, thin with another 1 cup broth if desired. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and sausage then season with salt and pepper to taste.

Stir in half of the parsley then garnish each serving with remaining parsley.
Looks like it finally worked! Thank you Penny...sounds delicious!

Its not soup, but its a favorite in my house and very easy 😊

Potato and Sausage Dish

1 1\2 lbs baby potatoes, quartered
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
1 package smoked sausage, sliced
1\2t. Garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup, plus 1 can water

Cook potatoes, onion and garlic in butter or oil until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add sausage and pepper, add cream of mushroom soup, plus can of water. Mix well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve and enjoy 😊

Feel free to tweak however you like!!
This sounds wonderful! I've been thinking about changing the thread title to "
It's Soup, Stew and Comfort Food Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!"

Back
Top Bottom