It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
1 lb ground spicy Italian sausage - (mild can be substituted)
8 slices bacon, diced - (divided)
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 Tbsp flour - (cornstarch can be substituted)
32 oz chicken stock
4 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, - to taste
I'm, not a kale person, so I leave that out...
Does this have a name or do I get to pick one for it when I add it to the database...sounds delicious! :)

Making pizza tonight it is so easy thought I would give you all the dough ratio
This is one good recipe
PIZZA DOUGH

The trick with either recipe is to either mix up the dough either the night before of in the morning and let it raise and then fall. That will make it taste like the pizzeria dough.

Other tips:
Each cup of water will make an 18 inch or so pizza
1 tsp of salt per cup of water
1pck or about 3\4 tsp of yeast per cup of water
Oil is more of a preference but add a bit more per cup of water
Sugar is optional--more will make the crust brown more
Flour is something that I do not actually measure. I add it until the dough is the correct consistency

The other is for Sourdough
Sourdough Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

• 1-1/2 cups fresh sourdough starter
  • 4 to 5 Tbsp. olive oil, coconut oil, etc.
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups flour
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
  2. Mix together the fresh sourdough starter, one tablespoon of oil, the salt and 1-1/4 cups of flour. Add more flour, a little at a time, as needed to form a pizza dough consistency. The amount of flour needed will depend on the hydration level of your sourdough starter (the flour-to-water ratios used when feeding the starter).
  3. Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes as it will be easier to roll out. (It won't rise significantly, if at all.) Roll the dough out into a circle using a minimum amount of flour to prevent sticking.
Thanks Penny! I will add this to our Miscellaneous recipes in the database...I love a good pizza crust! :)

How about some Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder?

1 lb. skinless chicken, cooked and shredded (3 cups)
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup butter, diced into 1 Tbsp. pieces
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups chicken broth
3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced slightly less than 1/2-inch thick (3 cup's)
1 or 2 bay leaves
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
1 1/2 cups half and half
Green Onions, sliced

In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper and onion and saute until tender (about 3 minute's). Add garlic and cook 30 second's longer. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. While stirring, slowly add in the chicken broth and whisk until well blended. Add potatoes, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a boil stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked chicken, corn, and 1/2 and 1/2, and simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Serve warm topped with the crumbled bacon, and sliced green onion's.
Welcome to the thread BlueBaby, I'm so glad that you found it! Thank you for the recipe, I love corn chowder! :)

So my husband came in as I was adding recipes to the database and he asked me if there were any egg flower soup recipes...I told him no! He then says, you mean this is a chicken forum and no one has shared an egg flower soup recipe yet...:gig
I love egg flour soup, just take the little boxes of soup and add an egg!
I would also like a hot and sour soup recipe...

Back
Top Bottom