Ivomec Pour on for cattle for dogs?? Is this true....

Pics
Quote: I did an experiment with with the injectable ivermectin and it was not water soluble, so you might want to try that and see if it's true with your injectable. Regarding the paste, who says it's not evenly mixed? If that were true, many people would potentially OD their mini horses, yes? FWIW, I treat my small 1/2 to 1 pound peafowl, duck and chickens with the paste and have not seen any adverse effects, and I give more than you're supposed to, but even with the larger amount it's been okay.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Ivermectin paste = 18.7 mg ivermectin per 1 ml (and yes, one 1 ml does indeed weigh 1 gram).

Blobs above peas

From left to right:
Small = 0.1 ml = 1.87 mg ivermectin
Medium = 0.25 ml = 4.675 ivermectin
Large = 0.5 ml = 9.35 mg ivermectin

The blob next to the grain of rice

0.025ml = 0.4675 mg ivermectin

-Kathy

Hello. I was told today that I can use my Ivomec Pour On for my dog to treat for fleas, parasites and heartworms: Is this true? Does anyone know? I know the injectable kind you can but what about the pour on. I do not have a collie, nor herding dog, so no worries there. If I can use it on him, great. It is purely preventative but Heartgard is way overpriced and if this kills other parasites too WONDERFUL!!! Does any one know how many drops on the back to do and if it's safe?

This thread is rather old but I hope this info is not too late to help someone. Here's somewhat an official write up from Canada.
Just convert Kg (Kilograms to pounds) which is 1Kg = 2.2 lbs (pounds), so if you're dog weighs 110 lbs. divide 110 by 2.2 = 50 Kg

Attachments

• canvetj00091-0061-TopicalPour-onIvermecticTratementScabies.pdf
    791.1 KB · Views: 76
Hello. I was told today that I can use my Ivomec Pour On for my dog to treat for fleas, parasites and heartworms: Is this true? Does anyone know? I know the injectable kind you can but what about the pour on. I do not have a collie, nor herding dog, so no worries there. If I can use it on him, great. It is purely preventative but Heartgard is way overpriced and if this kills other parasites too WONDERFUL!!! Does any one know how many drops on the back to do and if it's safe?
I use ivomec pour on for all of my animals. Cattle,dogs,chickens. It kills most parasites on any animal. Use at directed rate. 5mg/ml, 1 ml per 10 kilos (22 lbs.)

Back
Top Bottom