July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Little one with the wonky feet is actually doing pretty well. We put her back in the clean dry incubator with the nonslip liner, a buddy and a stuffed animal. She face planted in the water in with the other chicks so that wouldn’t work. Have a small egg cup with marbles for her to drink out of. We tried initially last night with just some paper tape but it wasn’t stiff enough to make a good shoe and despite that she was walking on the back of the one foot. We were able to fix this with a little piece of padded toothpick to keep her from rotating the foot at the ankle.
She was chirping a lot at first, so I gave her a little bit of liquid meloxicam which seemed to help. (Anti inflammatory).
She is now walking on her feet normally with the shoes on. Hoping to leave these on until tomorrow afternoon and then take them off and see how she’s doing. Eating and drinking fine and happy with her buddy.😊
2705B264-E9A4-496D-AB80-7BD199A71351.jpeg
82EC215D-2181-4C54-9303-8F00CEBC97A1.jpeg
AB7B2866-D34A-4551-8A74-DB1D369F2B07.jpeg

Little one with the wonky feet is actually doing pretty well. We put her back in the clean dry incubator with the nonslip liner, a buddy and a stuffed animal. She face planted in the water in with the other chicks so that wouldn’t work. Have a small egg cup with marbles for her to drink out of. We tried initially last night with just some paper tape but it wasn’t stiff enough to make a good shoe and despite that she was walking on the back of the one foot. We were able to fix this with a little piece of padded toothpick to keep her from rotating the foot at the ankle.
She was chirping a lot at first, so I gave her a little bit of liquid meloxicam which seemed to help. (Anti inflammatory).
She is now walking on her feet normally with the shoes on. Hoping to leave these on until tomorrow afternoon and then take them off and see how she’s doing. Eating and drinking fine and happy with her buddy.😊View attachment 3179122View attachment 3179123View attachment 3179124
Yall do some amazing things either those tiny feet!!!

She is now walking on her feet normally with the shoes on. Hoping to leave these on until tomorrow afternoon and then take them off and see how she’s doing. Eating and drinking fine and happy with her buddy.😊View attachment 3179122View attachment 3179123View attachment 3179124
Awwwww, she’s so inquisitive and looks so precious with her wee little face 🥺

Candled the new eggs today, which are on Day 3 now. Could definitely see veins in 6/10 lavenders, and am pretty sure I saw growth in 5/10 marans. Still early, so I'm hoping there's more fertile than just what I saw today, and those marans eggs are darn near impossible to see thru. I have high hopes for them though, especially since they all seem to be in much better shape than the others were when they shipped. Went ahead and checked the others too while I was at it...all 17 of the other Ams are still going strong on Day 12! Let's hope it stays that way and I'm able to get the rest of them at least to lockdown. I don't wanna lose anymore.

Back
Top Bottom