Just make this chick addiction stop!

Hi, my name is Erika, and I'm a chickaholic.

"Hi Erika!"

I had my last chicken 25 years ago, and managed to stave off my addiction every time I heard the plaintive cries of lonely feed store chicks looking for a good home.

But I fell off the wagon one month ago. I bought some Silkie chicks, and the first time they ate treats out of my hand, felt their soft feathers on my fingers, and heard their contented chirps, I knew I. Was. Screwwwed!

Isn't addiction fun!
lol.png

well i got my new 10 barred rock Saturday from my feed store....
wee.gif
then today passed a feed store i had never been in before so I stopped #1mistake walked out with 10 buff Orpingtons.... now I gotta go by the lumber yard soon to add on to the coop.....
he.gif

YEAH, I love company!

Shelly WNC - It's started slow, 6 birds 2 yrs ago. Found a great 8x8 shed CHEAP - LOADS of room (BTW I have 4 coops now
hmm.png
)

HBuehler - steps, I like steps. started with 70 eggs in the bator on 2/6 now I am down to 17. I figured that if DH was good with 70, I can get like 50 more.

equine chick & chicken addict - you know the deal! I also live in a residential area. I wonder if the neighbors mind our 4 Roo's saying "morning" at 4 am?

Math Ace - ordered from my Agway - won't get them till end of March.

chicken stalker - you sound just like me! Hubby says "Now where are you going to put those giant birds" 2 days ago. (been wanting Emu's for a year) Hey, sounds like he dosen't mind if I get them, right? Got 3 calls out to different breeders today.
celebrate.gif

I need chickie fuzzers to snuggle....

Anyone has excess eggs they don't want, I have bators!

Quote:
We are definitely in serious need of some serious help... I was just thinking about some of those Lavender Orps !!
lau.gif

DH wanted to know why I want all those different kinds of chickens when none of them will be pure since we free range. My answer..."lawn jewelry!" They will be so pretty and I like to watch them.

I live in Hendersonville, TN soon to be in Portland, TN....Can't have chicks here in H'ville, but Portland is another story... are you in rural Lebanon? Are restrictions put in by county? We would be on 8 acres, so I don't think it would be a problem. Do you bring your chickens inside in this cold weather?

I am excited to move to the country. My husband and I are originally from Finger Lakes NY and my aunt Hat had a chicken farm. I guess it runs in the family!!!! Do you have a website for your chicks? Where do you advertise - the Prospector or Craigslist? (Just wondering where I can check out your chicks!!!)
D.gif

I live in Hendersonville, TN soon to be in Portland, TN....Can't have chicks here in H'ville, but Portland is another story... are you in rural Lebanon? Are restrictions put in by county? We would be on 8 acres, so I don't think it would be a problem. Do you bring your chickens inside in this cold weather?

I am excited to move to the country. My husband and I are originally from Finger Lakes NY and my aunt Hat had a chicken farm. I guess it runs in the family!!!! Do you have a website for your chicks? Where do you advertise - the Prospector or Craigslist? (Just wondering where I can check out your chicks!!!)
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom