Just starting out with chickens.

Buff Orps are great and the hens generally tend to go broody. Which means they will sit on fertilized (by rooster) eggs and hatch out chicks.
welcome-byc.gif

Too funny, I was singing that too after I opened the box. That's the Meyer Meal Maker freebie, sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it? It was really hard to match it to the chick identifier chart, it could be a Dominique or a Giant Jersey or a Black Orpington. No clue, it's just too soon to tell I guess.
So far they're keeping a tight clock- sleep time, eat time, sleep time, eat time... what a life!

Too funny, I was singing that too after I opened the box. That's the Meyer Meal Maker freebie, sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it? It was really hard to match it to the chick identifier chart, it could be a Dominique or a Giant Jersey or a Black Orpington. No clue, it's just too soon to tell I guess.
So far they're keeping a tight clock- sleep time, eat time, sleep time, eat time... what a life!
They are to cute! I think the extra chick is a Dominique, see the little white spot on its head? Chicks that will be barred when they are older have that.

Welcome to BYC Chickpics!
I adore Buff Orps, I myself don't have any, but they are so pretty and sweet.
That Meyer Meal maker looks like a Barred Rock, Domaquie, Or a Blaçk Orp, Wich would be VERY lucky, since they are somewhat expensive!

Back
Top Bottom