kbbeale eggs reports

Mine are due to hatch Sat. so will let you know then. Mine are the ones I had you ship to my mom in Texas rather than me in Al since we had the cold weather coming in.

I was posting under the testing post you had. Not a single one of my eggs made it through to the end. Most of them were just soupy inside. I had no develpment at all in most and only 1 really did anything much past maybe a week. I think the post office did a job on mine. They were a little late from the time you sent them and it got cold here while they were on their way.
My daughter was upset she had looked the semaras up and really thought they were cute. I felt bad not being able to hatch them out for your test. I totaly felt I failed you. I did my best and almost 75% of my other chicks made it. Thanks for letting me try, dave27889
P.S. On the other post I put down the exact way things went down. I will try to find the other post. dave27889. It was under Hatching chicken eggss- but sell-trade. shipping eggs- now offering test eggs 1/20. It was your post on Jan 20 2009. Later, dave27889

Last edited:
I had a total failure too, but mine were in the mail for over a week and then suffered through a power outtage. Almost all had failed before getting to the hatcher.

I only had one egg hatch, my favorite speckled egg. But the chick was not healthy, and had an oddly-shaped head. She just was not meant to survive. We made her comfortable and tried to nurse her along but she didn't make it.
sad.png

I would like to try again some time. I fell in love with the idea of Seramas, too. But maybe TX is too far away for a good shipping experience?

I agree. I think mine were intransit to long and I could look at the package and see that it was treated ruff. I ask the post office to let me know when the box arrived and I would go get it. It came to my front door and was left there for at least an hour and it was in the mid 30's. I had four other boxes of eggs come the same way and notified the post Office each time they were coming and they never called. I had a package of eggs come in Saturday that I did not think would be here until Monday and the post office called me at 6:00 am to come pick them up on Saturday. Is that crazy or what. My daughter was really looking forward to the little ones. We have a bunch of healthy other chicks but, we miss the tiny little ones we thought might come. Later, dave27889

Last edited:
I'm sorry Dave. :-( I couldnt find the other thread, because it had apparently been moved. Anyway, I'm bummed you didnt get a good hatch. Barnyard and Buck creek both did well - I wonder what happened?

I have found that seramas can be so hard to hatch. One other person commented about the eggs traveling from TX to TN - I dont think that would be an issue at all.....TN isnt that far away really. They can be super fragile.

Once I get my orders filled in the next few weeks, I'll help you guys out with some more eggs. I want you to have some nice babies.

Kristen

Seramas are hard to hatch, period. I had some from a local gal that were hard. If you have a broody that is definately your best bet!! I have had eggs shipped from FL that do well, and I'm in WY. It's just the way the PO takes care of them. But don't give up!!

to day is day 15 on my eggs 11 were doing good when last candled
1 had blood ring i will let you know how many hatch. these eggs were in shipping 6 days but looking good
larry

TN may not be that far away, but the eggs still spent a full week in the PO's tender care.
I do wonder if they'd travel faster when the weather is good and there's no government holidays
roll.png

But I had other eggs shipped to me during the same period of time and can tell you for certain that I have very poor hatch rates for the ones that spent a week traveling compared to the ones I've received in 3 days. And that's with all eggs, not just Seramas!
So whether it's the age of the eggs or the treament in transit, eggs that spend a week with the PO fail to thrive in my incubator alongside other batches that are thriving after 3-day transit time.

Back
Top Bottom