Kitchen Aid mixers - who has one and how would you rate it?

I got Dorothy for Christmas. She is the 90th Anniversary model. I rate her a 10
wink.png

3798_dscn1190.jpg

I have had mine for over 10 and the only bad thing I can say is I wish I had gotten the bigger one. It is a workhorse, and I use it for everything dough wise (other than my hot roll and I do that in the bread machine, but the gump bread is wonderful on the KA) . . .I used my Aunt's for about 15 years until it pooped out and then my DH bought this one for Xmas.

I've had mine for over 13 years. It's wonderful. It handles large batches of decorator frosting and bread dough with ease.

I also have a bread machine, about as old, that my husband paid $400 for. Yes, $400
sad.png
. I had researched them extensively and wanted special features, such as a actual loaf-shaped pan, and he bought it as a surprise. (he spoils me)

My should-be-gold-plated-for-that-price bread machine now just gathers dust. I can make twice as much bread in half the time using my Kitchen Aid and oven. It's much better bread, too. (Gump Bread:D)

My DH bought me one as a gift a few years ago. I was horrified at the money he spent at the time, but I love it. It is very pretty to look at, very efficient, and I know it will last me the rest of my life, unless it's damaged or something, and I'll probably be able to pass it on to my kids! I have a black one, what color does everyone else have?

I think they are planning on offering the glass bowls for sale later this year. I did ask before we got this model, as I have a bad habit of breaking things! It has a little grey plastic ring that screws on the bottom of the glass bowl so that it fits the plate on the bottom. Without the ring a regular metal bowl would fit. The bowl is a lot heavier than the metal ones though, and quite hard to lift when it is full of dough. It's nice being able to see when everything is mixed though.

We have the 275W and I've been making a lot of dough lately. Its definitely under a load when kneading dough. Ours is at least 5 years old, when did they go to plastic gears?
I want the 575W!

I also have the meat grinder and love that.

Quote:
Here is mine it is called Gloss Cinnamon. I got it about a month before Christmas. My only regret is that I waited till I was 62 to buy it for myself, lol. I love it , it is a fantastic machine!!!
13066_img_2421.jpg

Back
Top Bottom