Larkwell Valley (2023)

Okay, so that runner would be disqualified if I took her to a show?
If the white is in an area where you can't pluck the feather, yeah.
Inconspicuous white (white that cannot be seen from outside the cage like the tiny feathers on head hidden by other feathers) is just a defect. My brother raises black runners and we always grill him for forgetting to pull those.

If the white is in an area where you can't pluck the feather, yeah.
Inconspicuous white (white that cannot be seen from outside the cage like the tiny feathers on head hidden by other feathers) is just a defect. My brother raises black runners and we always grill him for forgetting to pull those.
Oh, okay. Personally I love the white, so no plucking here, but that makes sense for show. Same with rabbits, some people plucked stray white hairs since 3 together counted as a spot and would cost placings

Really debating moving my Swedish along next spring. I originally got them to make silver Swedish, but now that I have blue runners, I can still get that silver color and I have other breeds I'd like a little more. I only have 6 (7 if I fix the one down at the barn for the white scovies) pens, so I have to choose carefully what I want to work on

20240915_112449.jpg
20240915_112447.jpg

Looks like she's telling a joke to her sister

Ladies, find yourself a rooster that will take in random babies that definitely aren't his when it's night time.

The marans hen has 3 babies. She had 9, but lost thebother 6 over 3 days. The remaining 3 are doing great, but 2 are dumb. They are always getting stuck in Wes' pen, and last night when it was dark, i found both tucked underneath him, nice and warm.

Ladies, find yourself a rooster that will take in random babies that definitely aren't his when it's night time.

The marans hen has 3 babies. She had 9, but lost thebother 6 over 3 days. The remaining 3 are doing great, but 2 are dumb. They are always getting stuck in Wes' pen, and last night when it was dark, i found both tucked underneath him, nice and warm.
This is the second time since he went into retirement that Wes has taken in babies that definitely aren't his (been in retirement, aka separate from ALL females, for almost 2 years now). He's always been a great dad though. Ever since I brought him home

Back
Top Bottom