Larkwell Valley (2023)

I wonder if Moose will miss the Swedish male when he's gone. They grew up together, and even when right by each other and breeding, they get along. I know he'd be more upset about the females, but I find it hard to believe that he won't miss the male too, even just a bit.
Thankfully, most animals can get over stuff like this faster than humans.

Thankfully, most animals can get over stuff like this faster than humans.
yeah, I doubt it will affect him more than a couple days if that, I just find it odd to think that he just.... might not care the bird he's spent his whole life with is just gone now. Maybe that's exactly how it is, I just cant fathom it since they haven't once had anything close to a fight or even argument.

@Canadian Wind , when you decide what male's to keep for Scovies, do you tend to favor the short chunky ones or the long, lanky ones if they're the same size. Potato is a chunk, but his brother is so lean and long that he really looks like a different type of duck

Today was really tough. We culled 6 male's, including Big Boy, David and Booth. I wanted so badly to keep them, I just couldn't justify keeping them and Big Boy was starting to send warning signs that he might be hostile. Considering he was close to 14 lbs, I just couldn't risk him deciding to do a full blown attack

@Canadian Wind , when you decide what male's to keep for Scovies, do you tend to favor the short chunky ones or the long, lanky ones if they're the same size. Potato is a chunk, but his brother is so lean and long that he really looks like a different type of duck
Most of mine are the chunky type, but you saw the pic of Cygnus, the self-blue male I got last month and he is definitely lanky and swan-like (hence his name!). If I can breed more of his type I would prefer those as I find them to be gorgeous!

I don't know what the difference in meat would be, amount-wise.

Most of mine are the chunky type, but you saw the pic of Cygnus, the self-blue male I got last month and he is definitely lanky and swan-like (hence his name!). If I can breed more of his type I would prefer those as I find them to be gorgeous!

I don't know what the difference in meat would be, amount-wise.
Okay. Potato is staying, and he's pretty chunky, but the two girls are leaner too. I just wasn't sure

Back
Top Bottom