Lets talk about goats!

Pics
I need help... I have a doe that will prob kid tonight and I saw some lil spots around her lips. What is this and what can I do for it?

I need help... I have a doe that will prob kid tonight and I saw some lil spots around her lips. What is this and what can I do for it?
I am not an expert or anything, ,but it looks like it could be sore mouth. Very contagious. I'd contact the vet, just to be safe, especially since she's so close to kidding.

Looks like soremouth. Nothing much you or the vet can do about it. It will run its course. Do not touch the sores if you have a cut on your hand. You can get soremouth vaccine from Jeffers or some other mail order vet supply. It will not prevent the rest of your goats from getting soremouth at this late date but if you vaccinate and they get it they will have a milder case than they would have without the vaccine.

So..... I want goats!! I have been doing research on the web but would like to hear from you guys. I'm leaning toward either Dwarf Nigerians or mini Nubian....any reason for picking one over the others??? I would like to be more self sufficient and have a little homestead. We have chickens(Silkie), 3 rabbits and 30ish beef cattle. (The cattle are more of my husbands thing).

I have three nigerian dwarf goats. They are amazing! It's so fun to watch them jump around and they produce alot of milk too! If your looking for a fun, lovable, and amazing milk producer, nigerian dwarfs are a great option!

How cute!! Now do they need a lot of medical care? I know they need hoof care...but as for other stuff like vaccination and other...My husband is kinda against modern medicine. He believes the more natural the better. The cattle he raises is all natural ... Fed,no steroids blah blah blah "No man made" etc... It's actually kinda annoying lol. He would never neglect an animal tho But he said for me to get goats they need to be the same!

Baby the mom and dee dee the baby

Bucky my weather male

Daisy and her babies lil male and a lil female

Lil momma and her babies socks and bootshttps://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6233650/width/200/height/400[/IMG
My male cookie [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6233651/width/200/height/400

Back
Top Bottom