LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Oh gosh, I am so sorry she is struggling! :hugs I have never had an issue using Corid. Its a pretty harmless substance, blocking Thiamine from being absorbed and Coccidia die. I wouldn't use any baking soda as its loaded with sodium, too much. Sugar is good as is egg. Im not sure what else you can do, I kind of doubt its the Corid but it could be. There is a molasses flush that might help but I've never used it. You might start a thread in our Emergency forum and tag @azygous She is really knowledgeable about using flushes and diagnosing stuff. :hugs
I gave my chick honey water and a drop of Drench and put it under a heat plate. Did it again and in a couple hours it was ready to put back with mom. That was day before yesterday and it’s running around happily.

The only thing that is possiblity going on is she is now deficient of vitamin B1 which will cause severe weakness. Do you have any supplements with B vitamins? Rooster Booster? Poultry Cell?
I did give her a couple drops of NutriDrench about an hour ago. I also have Poultry Cell, but I thought maybe the NutriDrench was more concentrated.

I did give her a couple drops of NutriDrench about an hour ago. I also have Poultry Cell, but I thought maybe the NutriDrench was more concentrated.
Which ever one has more B vitamins, especially B1 should help. I would give her a couple more drops at bedtime and again in the morning. It can't hurt. Being deficient is probably the most likely scenario here. Keep us posted!! ♥️

@ChickyCh00k I did a quick search, I don't think Nutidrench has B1 in it! Id use the Poultry Cell instead.

Wait...it does. You might alternate between the two supplements?
Thank you for your help @TwoCrows !🫶

I will try the Poultry Cell too. I'm praying to the Great Juju at the Bottom of the Sea that she pulls through. 😟🙏

Thank you for your help @TwoCrows !🫶

I will try the Poultry Cell too. I'm praying to the Great Juju at the Bottom of the Sea that she pulls through. 😟🙏
I am sending my thoughts and prayers her way immediately! 🙏 Hopefully the supplements help, these things hit the blood stream fast, you should see improvement within 24 hours.

Now this may cause the Coccidia to go on a rampage again getting vit B1, so if she starts to show signs again, Id skip the drenches and just the standard mix in the water.

Let us know how she is in the morning!♥️

I am sending my thoughts and prayers her way immediately! 🙏 Hopefully the supplements help, these things hit the blood stream fast, you should see improvement within 24 hours.

Now this may cause the Coccidia to go on a rampage again getting vit B1, so if she starts to show signs again, Id skip the drenches and just the standard mix in the water.

Let us know how she is in the morning!♥️
Thank you! I will update tomorrow. 🤞🤞

I still have Corid in the chicks' waterers (she just hasn't had any of that since the drench dose), so if she does start to drink on her own again, she'll get that. I just need to get her balanced out somehow!

Thank you! I will update tomorrow. 🤞🤞

I still have Corid in the chicks' waterers (she just hasn't had any of that since the drench dose), so if she does start to drink on her own again, she'll get that. I just need to get her balanced out somehow!
If shes better in the morning, you might give her a few drops then and thats it. She will then need to keep drinking the Corid water for several more days yet. If she isn't improving by this time tomorrow, I doubt the theory of Vit B1 deficiency is the problem and you should probably post on your thread in the ER forum. ♥️

Sending positive waves too! And hugs for you. It's not easy being a chick mom.
:fl :hugs :fl :hugs
Thank you, Sally! I'm so sad and stressed. I haven't been able to focus on anything else for 4 days.

If shes better in the morning, you might give her a few drops then and thats it. She will then need to keep drinking the Corid water for several more days yet. If she isn't improving by this time tomorrow, I doubt the theory of Vit B1 deficiency is the problem and you should probably post on your thread in the ER forum. ♥️

Yes, agreed! I really, really don't want to lose her. ❤️‍🩹

Back
Top Bottom